Orkut is constantly working to keep it clean and beautiful. The safety filter lets users choose to show only profiles and communities that have been screened for potentially inappropriate images or text. By enabling the safety filter:
- Potentially offensive communities and profiles will be hidden from your search results.
- The pictures of potentially offensive profiles and communities will not shown in your community and friend lists - instead you will see a special icon.
- A warning message will be displayed before you access these profiles and communities.
If you'd like to enable the safety filter, just follow these steps:
- Click settings on the left sidebar of your orkut profile or homepage.
- On the general tab, find the 'safety filter' section.
- Select the bubble next to 'do not show inappropriate content.'
- Don't forget to click the save changes button at the bottom of the page when you're done.
Labels: Security , Tips and Tricks